Jia Woei plays a key role in the Tailored Service Division for the Asia region, with her primary focus in forestry sector. She provides advisory services, assessment, project management and capacity building concerning Responsible Sourcing.
I am attracted to the opportunity to make an impact on sustainability and help clients meet the required standards. To me, it is enriching to be part of forestry and environmental progress and, at the same time, to witness how this position is having a direct positive impact on the business market. My passion for forestry drives me to share my expertise, professional knowledge, and skills to address evolving sustainability challenges and achieve positive change regionally and globally, which I understand will be wide and wild.
As a Senior Sustainability Specialist, Jia Woei is responsible for supporting companies in developing and implementing systems to meet legal requirements for sourcing natural resources, corporate sustainability policies, global initiatives, benchmarks, codes, and sustainability standards, as well as UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Her roles involve assessment of supply chain transparency, raw material traceability, risk-based due diligence, responsible sourcing systems, stakeholder engagement, monitoring & verification, training & capacity building, remediation, consumer claims and reporting.
- FSC Forest Management auditing & technical expert
- Experience in delivering forest consultancy services, auditing in compliance to local and international legal requirements and sustainability standards, Sustainable Forest Management, wood-based supply-chain management, Due Diligence and Risk Assessment
- Training and capacity building
- Project management
- BSc (Hons) Forestry Science, specialisation in International Tropical Forestry
- Countries worked in: Malaysia, China, Thailand
- Languages spoken: English, Chinese, Malay