Preferred by Nature invites stakeholders to participate in public consultation on the revision of its Carbon Footprint Management (CFM) Standard.
The second version of the Preferred by Nature CFM Standard aims to help organisations manage their corporate, product, and event carbon footprints in a systematic way. The revision builds upon the original standard and can be used to measure and reduce GHG emissions, achieve carbon neutrality, and strengthen climate responsibility. Changes to the Standard include further clarity around emission source requirements, a carbon neutral event option, and new reduction targets and labels.
Organisations that comply with the Carbon Footprint Management Standard and have been independently verified by Preferred by Nature may be issued a verification certificate and are also eligible to use our carbon footprint labels.
The Standard is intended for any organisation seeking to reduce its climate change impacts by developing and implementing a carbon footprint management plan. The Standard can be used for:
- Corporate Carbon Footprint
- Product Carbon Footprint
- Event Carbon Footprint
>>You can download the draft of the updated version of the Preferred by Nature Carbon Footprint Management standard here
Your feedback is needed – Complete the survey today!
We welcome any proposed changes, technical reviews, and constructive feedback on the standard. In particular, we look forward to receiving your inputs on the following questions:
- Are the proposed emissions reduction targets set at reasonable levels?
- Do the requirements for events illustrate appropriate approaches for developing a carbon footprint and demonstrating carbon neutrality?
- How can the draft corporate and product labels be improved?
- Does the insetting guidance reflect important considerations that should be taken when engaging with these types of programs?
- Are the emission source categories required for organisational, event and product footprints appropriate?
>> Please submit your comments by responding to our online survey.
A synopsis of the stakeholder feedback and any adjustments made to the standard based on input will be published on the Preferred by Nature website. Individual responses will not be shared publicly.
Webinar: We are also organising a webinar to explain the standard and answer questions directly.
Please sign up here for the webinar on 10 March 2021, 2.00pm CET.
Consultation period: 10 February – 10 April 2021