This list represents our best overview of products exempt from the EU Timber Regulation. Figures in brackets indicate the chapters or individual classification numbers of the EU Combined Nomenclature for products.
LIST OF PRODUCTS EXEMPT FROM THE EUTR
- Waste products: Timber products or components of such products manufactured from timber or timber products that have completed their lifecycle and would otherwise be disposed of as waste are not covered by the EU Timber Regulation, e.g. timber from buildings that are demolished in non EU countries
- Wood charcoal (4402)
- Hoopwood; split poles; piles, pickets and stakes of wood, pointed but not sawn lengthwise; wooden sticks, roughly trimmed but not turned, bent or otherwise worked, suitable for the manufacture of walking sticks, umbrellas, tools handles or the like; chipwood and the like (4404)
- Wood wool and wood flour (4405)
- Tools, tool bodies, tool handles, broom or brush bodies and handles, of wood; boot or shoe lasts and trees, of wood (4417)
- Wood marquetry and inlaid wood; caskets and cases for jewellery or cutlery, and similar articles, of wood; statuettes and other ornaments, of wood; wooden articles of furniture not falling in Chapter 94 (4420)
- Clothes hangers (4421)
- Cork and articles of cork (chapter 45)
- Printed books, newspapers, pictures, and other products of the printing industry, manuscripts (Chapter 49)
- Spoons (Chapter 82)
- Clocks and watches (Chapter 91)
- Musical instruments (Chapter 92)
- Seats (9401)
- Medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture (9402)
- Lamps and lighting fittings (9405)
- Toys, games and sports requisites, parts and accessories thereof (Chapter 95)
- Brooms and brushes (9603)
- Pens (9608)
- Pencils (9609)
- Smoking pipes (9614 00)
- Works of art, collectors pieces and antiques (Chapter 97)
- Furniture, plaited products and pulp and paper made from bamboo.
- Packaging which is "used exclusively as packing material to support, protect or carry another product placed on the market" or is "specially shaped or fitted to contain a specific article or set of articles, suitable for long-term use and presented with the articles for which they are intended", such as cases for cameras, musical instruments, guns, and jewellery.
Note: We have taken utmost care to ensure the correctness of this information; however, we advise you to double-check the official sources of information. NEPCon does not accept any liability for any errors.