This list has been created to help you gain an overview of the products that are covered by the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR). It draws on information in the Annex of the EU Timber Regulation.
The four letter codes refer to the Combined Nomenclature for timber and timber products set out in Annex I of the Council Regulation (EEC) No 2658/87.
LIST OF PRODUCTS COVERED BY THE EUTR
- Fuel wood, in logs, in billets, in twigs, in faggots or in similar forms; wood in chips or particles; sawdust and wood waste and scrap, whether or not agglomerated in logs, briquettes, pellets or similar forms (4401).
- Wood in the rough, whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood, or roughly squared (4403).
- Railway or tramway sleepers (cross-ties) of wood (4406).
- Wood sawn or chipped lengthwise, sliced or peeled, whether or not planed, sanded or end-jointed, of a thickness exceeding 6 mm (4407).
- Sheets for veneering (including those obtained by slicing laminated wood), for plywood or for other similar laminated wood and other wood, sawn lengthwise, sliced or peeled, whether or not planed, sanded, spliced or end-jointed, of a thickness not exceeding 6 mm (4408).
- Wood (including strips and friezes for parquet flooring, not assembled) continuously shaped (tongued, grooved, rebated, chamfered, V-jointed, beaded, moulded, rounded or the like) along any of its edges, ends or faces, whether or not planed, sanded or end-jointed (4409).
- Particle board, oriented strand board (OSB) and similar board (for example, waferboard) of wood or other ligneous materials, whether or not agglomerated with resins or other organic binding substances (4410).
- Fibreboard of wood or other ligneous materials, whether or not bonded with resins or other organic substances (4411).
- Plywood, veneered panels and similar laminated wood (4412).
- Densified wood, in blocks, plates, strips or profile shapes (4413 00 00).
- Wooden frames for paintings, photographs, mirrors or similar objects (4414 00).
- Packing cases, boxes, crates, drums and similar packings, of wood; cable-drums of wood; pallets, box pallets and other load boards, of wood; pallet collars of wood (4415). Note that exemptions apply to packing material used exclusively as packing material to support, protect or carry another product placed on the market.
- Casks, barrels, vats, tubs and other coopers’ products and parts thereof, of wood, including staves (4416 00 00).
- Builders’ joinery and carpentry of wood, including cellular wood panels, assembled flooring panels, shingles and shakes (4418).
- Pulp and paper of Chapters 47 and 48 of the Combined Nomenclature, with the exception of bamboo-based and recovered (waste and scrap) products. These include among others: paper and paper board; envelopes; plain postcards; boxes of stationery; copy paper; wall paper; cigarette paper; toilet paper; handkerchiefs; cleansing tissues; towels; serviettes; napkins for babies; tampons; bed sheets, sanitary and hospital articles, articles of apparel and clothing accessories made from paper; registers, account books, note books, order books, receipt books; letter and memorandum books; diaries; albums; book covers; paper and paperboard labels; trays, dishes, cups and the like of paper and paperboard; egg boxes.
- Wooden furniture (9403 30, 9403 40, 9403 50 00, 9403 60 and 9403 90 30). Note that exemptions apply to seats, bamboo furniture, and medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture.
- Prefabricated buildings (94061000)
Note: We have taken utmost care to ensure the correctness of this information; however, we advise you to double-check the official sources of information. NEPCon does not accept liability for any errors.