As a Senior Biomass and Forestry Specialist, Lennart provides support to the Biomass, Forestry and Climate programmes of Preferred by Nature. His role involves providing auditing services for clients and delivering guidance and training to all Preferred by Nature engages in these programmes.
I have been involved in Forestry and Biomass certification projects for at least 15 years, and always looked up to the success that Preferred by Nature has achieved in these areas. I am very proud of being part of this organisation now!
As a Senior Biomass and Forestry Specialist, Lennart provides support to the overall Preferred by Nature’s strategy to support sustainable biomass use in the energy sector. Including auditing, development of the biomass module under our Preferred by Nature Certification, and engagement with other scheme in the biomass sector to improve their systems towards stronger sustainability assurance.
Lennart is also a Lead Auditor for FSC, PEFC and SFI Forest Management and chain of custody and is directly involved in all technical aspects of forest management and chain of custody certification evaluations including auditing, customer service and quality control.
In his position works toward becoming carbon project auditor against high quality schemes (such as GoldStandard, Plan Vivo or VERRA schemes). Involved in delivering the audits as well building capacity for other local auditors to deliver the services.
- Registered Professional Forester with over 35 years of experience in the sourcing industry.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, communicating effective strategies and dealing with them in an effective management style.
- Ability to connect real world business requirements with management solutions.
- International experience in forest management from several countries including Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Canada, USA, Spain and Portugal.
- Experience in land use planning, timber pricing, certification and management.