As the Senior Sustainability Specialist for Latin America, Conny is responsible for the development of Preferred by Nature’s reach and impact in the region. She contributes to identifying, pursuing and implementing opportunities where Preferred by Nature can have a positive influence in line with our mission.
I’m excited about Preferred by Nature’s broad range of services that can help companies, donors and other stakeholders advance in their sustainability goals: from capacity building to assurance and certification, project work and tailored advisory services, we can support everyone at any stage of their sustainability journey!
Conny supports the Latin American market development team in promoting Preferred by Nature’s services, engaging with stakeholders that are aligned with our mission and increasing our impact. She also provides Tailored Services to non-profit and commercial partners to support them in their goals to meet bespoke sustainability and legal requirements for agriculture and forestry raw materials.
Prior to Preferred by Nature, Conny worked for several international NGOs such as Fairtrade, The Nature Conservancy and the Alliance for Responsible Mining, where she raised awareness about the importance of tracing products to their origins and supported companies to strengthen their responsible sourcing practices and mitigate risks in their supply chains.
Conny joined Preferred by Nature in 2023.
- Market development for ethical and certified products
- Advisory services on voluntary sustainability standards
- Management of business and service delivery
- Key account management
- Strategic marketing and communications
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically
- Magister in Marketing and Sales and MSc in Sustainable Development
- Languages: English, Spanish, German