Elena is part of our Responsible Sourcing team and is focused on Timber Legality, Sustainable Biomass and Responsible Sourcing of forest impact commodities .
Elena provides specialist advice on our Responsible Sourcing services, which include Timber Legality, Sustainable Biomass and assistance on other forest commodities, such as palm oil or soy.
Elena has more than ten years of professional experience in the environmental auditing and consulting fields, notably as a Rainforest Alliance (international non-profit organisation) advisor to corporations on sustainable sourcing of commodities linked with deforestation and forest degradation. Elena holds a BSc in Environmental Sciences, MSc in Nature Management and Conservation and a MSc in Sustainability and CSR.
Elena joined Preferred by Nature in 2017.
Forests are vital for maintaining a healthy planet and I believe that companies have a responsibility towards the way natural resources are managed. I am proud of being part of a team that helps companies embrace this responsibility and transform the industries that use forest impact commodities as their raw material, such as timber, palm, soy and beef.
- Project management and project advisory work
- EU Timber Regulation and LegalSource technical support/expertise
- FSC CoC and CW technical support/expertise
- Technical support on SBP (Sustainable Biomass Program) and Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certifications
- International work experience in the forest products industry – projects in different countries: Cameroon, China, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish