We would like to invite interested stakeholders to participate in a public consultation for the first draft of the Standard for Field Verification of Forest Ecosystem Restoration. The consultation is aimed at seeking input to the proposed verification approach.
Calling for Input
We embrace a transparent and multi-stakeholder-based approach to maintaining the highest level of stakeholder consensus to ensure continuing high quality of our frameworks and procedures.
We therefore welcome your constructive criticism, technical review and suggested changes, edits, deletions and additions. In particular we look forward to getting your feedback on four key questions:
- Does the standard seem applicable to all biomes (tropical, temperate and boreal)?
- Is the standard flexible enough so that it is useful for various approaches to restoration (tree plantations, natural succession, agroforestry, rewilding, enrichment planting, etc.)?
- Is the standard applicable at the scale of restoration effort you are involved in (noting the different approaches imbedded in the standard for community, medium, and large-scale operations)
- Does the “subject and indicators only” approach we have taken (leaving out principles and criteria so that it can be adapted to various accountability systems) and the use of “critical” and “continuous improvement” indicators work?
Consultation period: 17 September – 17 November 2020
Please submit your comments via this survey form
Webinars – Resources
We are organising two webinars to explain the Standard. During the webinars, attendees can ask questions. Register for the webinar by clicking on the links below:
- Webinar session in Spanish only: 14 October 2020, 1600 CEST
- Webinar session in English only: 21 October 2020, 1600 CEST
We will update this page regularly. Please check back frequently.