Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
Do you have wide experience managing an international team in designing and delivering sustainability services to companies, NGOs and other organisations? Come join our global management team as our Director of Tailored Services. We are looking for the best candidate, who will be based preferably in Denmark, UK or USA.
The Director of Tailored Services leads the development and implementation of Preferred by Nature's sustainability advisory services to ensure mission impact, efficient operations, and market uptake.
What you will do
As a Director of Tailored Services, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Tailored Services division. Your duties will also cover sales and market development of advisory services globally. Other duties will include:
- Guide the strategic direction of the Tailored Services division in line with the organisation’s overall strategy.
- Identify opportunities to increase Preferred by Nature's impact with new advisory services
- Work with the Market Development division to take new services to market.
- Oversee the successful roll-out/delivery of all services
- Budget development for the Tailored Services division
- Ensure that Tailored Services work is of the highest quality and follows the organisation’s quality management system.
- Management of the Tailored Services team (e.g., staff development, hiring, capacity and workload monitoring)
Who you are
- You have a university degree in sustainable resource management, business, or related fields.
- You have at least 8 years of relevant experience in the sustainability sector, business management, or related field
- You are an experienced manager with great communication skills
- You are fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus, notably French or Spanish language
- You have experience in environmental, social and governance (ESG) policy development and impact assessment
- You have experience in sustainability service delivery or project management and or related field
- You have knowledge of project design and implementation
- You are a self-starter with excellent presentation, and interpersonal skills and take the initiative in leadership
- You are willing to travel approximately 30% of your work time globally as part of your role.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have the qualities listed above, we would be delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organization with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, global team of colleagues with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: full-time position
- Working location: depends on the right candidate; our preferences are Denmark, the UK, and the USA
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to our Executive Director, based in Denmark
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 5 December 2022 via the application link below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and, thus, welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Jonathan Jickling, Senior Director, Projects and Solutions
Tereza Ditrich, Senior HR Manager for Europe