Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Responsible Sourcing Specialist - Palm Oil to join our team in Indonesia or Malaysia on a permanent contract.
You are expected to already have experience managing supply chains however, we will provide full training and development to support you as you grow in this role. Through our detailed onboarding and professional training, we will ensure you are fully equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
What you will do
As a Responsible Sourcing Specialist (RSS) Palm Oil, you will provide bespoke sustainability services to commercial clients and donors to support them in their goals to meet:
- Legal requirements for sourcing natural resources (e.g., EU Deforestation Regulation, etc.).
- Corporate Sustainability policies, commitments and strategic targets.
- Global initiatives and sustainability standards (e.g., RA SAS, SBP, RSPO, POIG, ISCC, ISPO, MSPO, Organic, Fairtrade, etc.)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Responsible Sourcing Specialist Palm Oil position consists of four main roles:
1. Responsible Sourcing Specialist
Support clients in the development and implementation of systems for responsible sourcing and associated activities, including policy development, supply chain engagement, risk assessment, risk mitigation activities (supplier audits, capacity building, stakeholder consultation, etc.), and supply chain intervention program (i.e., supplier monitoring programs, supplier workshop, traceability verification, smallholder development). Clients may include plantation level producers as well as brands who wish assessment of operation against company policies or gap analysis against certification or other international/national standards. The role may also include responsibilities related to the implementation of donor funded projects.
2. Service Delivery
Support Preferred by Nature team activities including quality, timeliness, and financial oversight in relation to client service delivery.
Support/conduct direct sales for sustainability services, including sales meetings, identifying service needs, creating proposals.
4. Administration & Internal Support
Administration and internal support relevant to the roles specified above.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture (preferred) or forestry or other natural science major, agroforestry etc.
- Proven experience in agriculture (palm oil sector experience preferred) of minimum 5 years with expertise in ecology aspect (conservation areas, HCV, HCS, and peatlands) and/or social aspect (FPIC, IPLC).
- Experience with conducting relevant ESG assessments for palm oil plantations and other deforestation risk commodities.
- Experience with auditing systems on palm oil schemes (RA SAS, SBP, RSPO, POIG, ISPO, MSPO, ISCC, Fairtrade, Organic).
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders (private, government, etc.)
- Communication skills - excellent written and verbal communication in English and native language (Bahasa Indonesia or Malaysia).
- Familiar with working on national strategies/policy and international/bilateral agreements is an advantage.
- Familiarity with palm-based and other biofuels (natural resource and agricultural waste alternatives to fossil fuels) is an advantage.
If you have the qualities listed above, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 25 December 2022 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia or Malaysia will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Specialist