Nainesh is part of the Responsible Sourcing team that provides advisory services to a portfolio of clients in the timber, palm oil, textiles, soy, beef and other natural resource sectors – support them in their goals to meet legal requirements and sustainability commitments.
The degradation of forests threatens the survival of many species and it reduces the capacity of forests to provide vital services. The increasing overseas demand for the commodities such as soy, beef, palm oil, tropical timber, pulp and paper has played an essential role in the growing importance of commercial agriculture and closely linked to the degradation of tropical forests. The forest issues have become more complex and need innovative solutions or strategies. I am proud to be a part of the organisation that helps businesses achieve their sustainability goals by developing practical solutions to drive positive impacts for complex supply chains.
Nainesh assists companies in their efforts on legal and sustainable timber sourcing, including the implementation of the EU/UK Timber Regulation. He also supports companies in identifying and mitigating the social and environmental supply chain risks associated with other plant and animal based raw materials such as palm oil, soy or beef.
- Strong educational background in timber legality, environmental law and international forest policies
- Profound research skills on commodity driven deforestation
- Analysing the complex qualitative data and report writing
- Experienced in undertaking ecological consultancy projects and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities evaluation assignments
- Strong team working, Interpersonal skills and can effectively work with stakeholders