Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are seeking a Responsible Sourcing Specialist - Forestry to join our team in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand on a permanent contract.
The Responsible Sourcing Specialist will provide sustainability services to commercial clients to support them in their goals to meet:
- Global initiatives and sustainability standards (includes FSC, RA SAS, SBP, RSPO, CanopyStyle, AFi, etc);
- UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- Corporate Sustainability policies, commitments, and strategic targets;
- Legal requirements for sourcing natural resources.
This RSS position includes working under the following work areas:
- Responsible Sourcing: Provide advisory services to a portfolio of clients in the timber, palm oil, textiles, soy, beef and other natural resource sectors to support them in their goals to meet sustainability commitments and legal requirements. Support clients in the development and implementation of systems for responsible sourcing and associated activities, including policy development, supply chain engagement, risk assessment and risk mitigation activities (supplier audits, capacity building, stakeholder consultation, etc.).
- Service Delivery: Support Preferred by Nature team activities including financial oversight and profitability of client service delivery, oversight of reporting staff, and management of capacity. Additionally, provide technical guidance and quality control for the work conducted by the regional team.
- Sales and Marketing: Conduct direct sales for sustainability services: conducting sales meetings with clients, identifying service needs, creating/reviewing/approving budgets and proposals, creating and negotiating service agreements, and completing associated Salesforce sales procedures. Conduct activities to raise the profile of Preferred by Nature in the region with the purpose of reaching the regional revenue growth targets.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry major or other natural science major, agroforestry etc.
- Proven experience in the forestry sector of minimum 6 years with expertise in conservation areas, HCV, HCS, and peatlands strongly preferred. Or a social expert with expertise in FPIC and community engagements.
- Familiar with using/operating GIS tools.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders (private, government, etc.)
- Communication skills - excellent written and verbal communication in English and native language (Bahasa Indonesia or Malaysia).
- Experience with carbon projects and/or restoration projects is an advantage.
- Experience in working on national strategies/policy and international/bilateral agreements is an advantage
- Experience in working for USAID, UNDP and/or other UN agencies is an advantage
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are an agile and flexible person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
What we offer you
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our PAS SER Asia Pacific Senior Manager
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam OR home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 25 December 2022 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand would be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Specialist