As the Senior Director of Preferred by Nature’s Project Division, Jakob leads our work with donor-funded projects, which seek to promote sustainable land-use by engaging directly with small producers and rural communities and facilitating cooperation with private sector actors. Via donor-funded projects, Preferred by Nature seeks to work across sectors and themes, to address the root causes of ecosystem conversion, loss of livelihood and violation of human rights in any given context.
The reason I tie my shoes and head to work in the morning is a life-long commitment to protecting natural ecosystems for the benefit of biodiversity, our climate and rural communities. As the head of Preferred by Nature’s Project Division, I am privileged to have a great team of highly skilled and motivated people to help me realise this ambition.
Jakob is a member of Preferred by Nature’s executive management group. He is a specialist in Sustainable Tropical Forest Management, including Community Forest Management, Forest Certification, Timber Legality, Agroforestry and Forest Monitoring.
He has more than 15 years of experience managing development and capacity-building projects, especially in tropical regions. Before joining Preferred by Nature, Jakob worked as a Programme Coordinator, leading the implementation of rural development projects and sustainable forest management projects in Latin America, engaging with rural communities and indigenous peoples to promote the conservation and sustainable management of tropical forest ecosystems.
Jakob joined Preferred by Nature in 2019.
- Sustainable tropical foresty
- Community Forest Management
- Participatory Forest Monitoring and Remote Sensing
- Management of rural development projects
- Timber legality and deforestation free supply chains
- MSc in Sustainable Tropical Forestry
- Languages spoken: Danish, English, Spanish & Swedish
- Countries worked in: Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Guatemala, Cost Rica, Bolivia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia