Joan is responsible in delivering high quality audit services to current Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard (SAS/UTZ) clients in East Africa. She oversees the East African clients by managing their SalesForce database.
She conducts fieldwork audits and peer reviews. She also ensures that audits are done according to Preferred by Nature Internal Quality Assurance requirement and SAS and/or UTZ policies.
Environment and economy are really both two sides of the same coin. If we cannot sustain the environment, we cannot sustain ourselves.
Joan holds a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science and possesses experience in conservation biology and biodiversity management. She is ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System qualified.
Prior to joining Preferred by Nature, she worked at Africert Limited since 2016 as a trained and qualified lead auditor/lead inspector. She is also an experienced internal auditor.
Joan joined Preferred by Nature in 2021
- Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard lead auditor.
- Rainforest Alliance Chain of Custody (CoC) lead auditor.
- UTZ Code of Conduct Standard auditor.
- UTZ Chain of Custody (ChoC) auditor.
- CAFÉ Practices lead inspector
- Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) inspector.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System qualified.