As an Auditor, Steffen is responsible for auditing companies within the FSC, PEFC and SBP certification schemes. Besides that, he also works with other services related to LegalSource and the EU Timber Regulation.
Steffen is working as Lead Auditor with the FSC, PEFC and SBP certification schemes, specifically with auditing of forests, controlled wood, chain of custody and alternative documentation of Danish and foreign companies. He also works with other services related to LegalSource and the EU Timber Regulation. Steffen is based at Preferred by Nature's office in Aarhus, Denmark.
With both practical experience and theoretical knowledge from forest management, he has a solid basis for evaluating the sustainable use of the Danish forest products.
Steffen is a professionally trained forester. He has worked as Deputy Forest Officer for the Danish government where his work focused on forest management, afforestation projects, environmental legislation, hunting and wildlife management.
He has a Master’s degree in Forest and Nature Management from the University of Copenhagen.
Steffen joined Preferred by Nature in 2017.
Preferred by Nature’s work to ensure sustainability in the use of natural resources and inform people about the importance of sustainability is why I enjoy working with the company. Furthermore, Preferred by Nature’s global work and the high level of integrity is a major motivational factor to me.
- FSC, PEFC and SBP Lead auditing
- EUTR risk assessments, due diligence and LegalSource
- Alternative documentation auditing and evaluation of power/heating plants in accordance with the industry agreement on sustainable biomass in the Danish Energy sector.
- Experience from previous work at the Danish Environmental Protection Agency and the Danish Nature Agency
- MSc Forest and Nature Management
- BSc Forest and Landscape Engineer
- Languages spoken: Danish and English