Siarhei is Preferred by Nature representative in Belarus. He is responsible for managing and executing Preferred by Nature's services in Belarus. He holds comprehensive experience as an FSC Chain of Custody and Forest Management Auditor. In 2013 Siarhei got qualification as Lead Auditor (FM/CoC).
In addition to service delivery in Belarus, Siarhei has participated in FSC auditing in Ukraine and Russia, as well as workshops, field trainings and seminars carried out in Latvia, Sweden, Finland and Germany.
He has consulted a range of the biggest national forestry enterprises (FME (leshozes)) of the Ministry of Forestry and state wood-working enterprises (the Belarusian Production and Trade Concern "Bellesbumprom"), as well as small private companies.
Siarhei has worked as a leading expert in the project “FSC Controlled Wood Risk Assessment for Belarus”, and other “FSC initiatives”.
Siarhei holds PhD degree in Forestry (forest inventory, management planning, and forest mensuration 2003), Associate Prof. (forestry, 2010) (Belarusian State Technological University (BSTU)). Being PhD student he researched in Finland (Metla, 2002) and University of Freiburg (Germany, 2003), carried out PostDoc research in SLU, Umea (Sweden) (2004), had trainings in SLU (2008), University of Freiburg (2009), Geottingen University (Germany) (2013).
Siarhei joined Preferred by Nature in 2015.
Together we can do more for the future of our forests and future generations of our planet.
- FSC Forest Management and Chain of Custody auditing
- Group Forest Management certification
- LegalSource auditing in Belarus
- FSC Controlled Wood Risk Assessment for Belarus
- PhD in Forestry
- Project management
- Expertise in ENPI FLEG Programs (FLEG I, II)
- Expertise in Forest Resources Assessment and Monitoring
- Expertise in Wood Products Measurements
- Countries worked in: Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Sweden, Finland, and Germany
- Languages spoken: Belarusian, Russian, English, German