Andrew functions as a Supply Chain Auditor within the Northwestern Europe subregion.
I am enthusiastic to use my experience in both auditing and farming to help create fairer and more environmentally sustainable food systems.
In his role in Preferred by Nature, Andrew is involved in the Rainforest Alliance Supply Chain Certification. His job revolves around undertaking audits, preparation of proposals for certificate holders, report writing and liaison with certificate holders and others.
Skills at a glance
- Managed my own farm for 28 years. Undertook all farming and management operations.
- A parallel career as a sub-contract auditor, lecturer to degree level students and researcher.
- Training & accreditation in ISO17065 as a Technical Assessor for the United Kingdom Accreditation Service.
- Accreditation as a Red Tractor Assessor for Crops and Beef & Lamb in UK.
- Farm Director at Bishop Burton College (Yorkshire, UK) having responsibility for 4 staff, financial management of the college farm, and liaison with external partners as well as providing an educational resource for students.