Siska is a Project Manager and Agroforestry Specialist under the Project Division of Preferred by Nature.
Learning and working on the issue of environment and social justice since I was 15 years old, it is clear that my ultimate goal in life is to do whatever I can to save our earth. Preferred by Nature gives me a space and opportunity to make it happen by working together addressing our global challenges, including environmental and social crises. Preferred by Nature also accommodates my dreams to create a better world while providing flexibility to create a work-life balance. I am proud of my colleagues who are driven, smart and caring which makes challenges at projects seem lighter and motivate me to improve my professional capacity over time.
Siska is responsible in managing project related to agriculture and agroforestry, as well as supporting project development and project division country strategy. She has more than 12 years experiences in climate change adaption and mitigation strategies, local knowledge related to climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction, and international environmental policy advocacy.
For these topics, she was working with various stakeholders including indigenous leaders and communities, local communities, women and youth leaders, NGOs, governments and scientists. She was also working collaboratively with UNDESA, UN Habitat and UNDRR related issues above.
Siska was a focal point for Science-Policy Interface for United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth and was one of the first speakers of the United Nations’ First Annual Multi-Stakeholder Forum in Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals at the United Nations headquarter.
- Sustainable agriculture and climate smart-agriculture
- Local knowledge and disaster risk reduction
- Science-Policy Interface
- Wide scale networking and collaborative projects
- Project management
- Auditor for Living Wage - IDH Sustainable Trade Innitiative, CanopyStyle, Palm Oil Innovation Group and previously Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard.
- MSc in Agriculture and MPS in Environmental and Community Land Planning
- Language spoken: Bahasa Indonesia, English, German (elementary)