Malory is the Manager of Preferred by Nature’s Oceania sub-region, based in Australia, and has been working with Preferred by Nature since 2015.
She is a Senior FSC Chain of Custody Auditor, and Forest Management Auditor, as well as a PEFC Chain of Custody and LegalSource Auditor. Malory also works for Preferred by Nature as a technical editor, providing input to a variety of Preferred by Nature projects, including risk assessments and publications.
Prior to joining Preferred by Nature, Malory worked as a contractor auditor for Rainforest Alliance, and taught natural resource management in universities in Australia. She also worked in vegetation offsets and payments for ecosystem services; and had several years of practical involvement in a major project focusing on ecological restoration and agroforestry in a semi-arid area of south-eastern Australia.
I'm excited to be working with Preferred by Nature in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia–Pacific. With its global reach and robust systems, Preferred by Nature is creating positive change and addressing major sustainability issues including deforestation.
- FSC Forest Management Auditor
- Senior Auditor, FSC Chain of Custody
- PEFC Chain of Custody Auditor
- LegalSource Auditor
- Trainer in Preferred by Nature Expert courses (FSC Forest Management, FSC Chain of Custody, Controlled Wood, and Ecosystem Services)
- Technical editing and writing
- Master of Science (Botany and Ecology) and BSc (Hons), Graduate Diploma in Editing & Publishing, Professional Diploma of Human Resources
- Languages spoken: English
- Countries worked in: Australia, New Zealand, United States, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Estonia, Poland, Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Philippines, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, China, India and Papua New Guinea