Luz Elena Reyes is our Service Development Manager. She is responsible for the coordination of new service development and ensuring that these developments are aligned with the general quality systems and procedures of Preferred by Nature.
Aware of the economic, social and environmental problems that the world faces at this moment and how sustainable practices can be a driver for solutions and positive changes in the different industries worldwide; being part of Preferred by Nature, allows me to contribute to making a better world through my work in the global sustainable certification sector.
Luz Elena Reyes is from Guatemala. She has a background in sustainable tourism and third-party certification systems. With an experience of more than ten years as Sustainable Tourism Auditor, in 2018 she joined Preferred By Nature in the role of Sustainable Tourism Technical Specialist.
In 2021 Luz Elena moved to the Quality & Efficiency division of Preferred by Nature, performing the role of Accreditation Specialist, where she was responsible for maintaining the accreditations of the assurance services.
Currently, Luz Elena is the Service Development Manager in the Strategy and Innovation Division. In this current position, she has the opportunity to be a liaison between the different divisions of the organisation in the development of new services and contribute to the maintenance of a harmonised system.
- Experience working with QMS, Accreditation management and Third-party Certification process.
- ISO 9001 internal auditor qualified and knowledgeable in ISO 17065, ISO 17021, ISO 20400
- Technical expertise in sustainable tourism management and certification process.
- MA Sustainable Tourism Management and MA Cultural Management/Cultural Tourism
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English and French.