Preferred by Nature is committed to providing a safe working environment for our staff, contractors and clients. We have therefore developed, and will implement this Policy to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and to keep our core activities and services going where it is practical to do so.
Our goal is to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in the many places where we work. Managers as well as non-managerial staff are all responsible for supporting, complying with, and providing recommendations to further improve this COVID-19 Policy.
We ask all our staff to familiarise themselves with this Policy and to take active measures to help minimise your own, colleagues and business partners’ risk of being exposed to COVID-19. We ask our line managers and task managers to make sure that our contractors are also aware of this Policy.
This Policy is our general guidance for staff and contractors and should always be seen in light of any national Covid prevention requirements and management recommendations in the countries where we work. This includes any specific requirements that our clients may have.
- Our staff and contractors shall follow national legislation to prevent COVID-19.
- We strongly encourage staff and contractors to follow national recommendations to prevent COVID-19
- We expect our staff and contractors to stay updated on any national COVID-19 related advices or procedures.
- All staff should take additional precautions to protect them from exposure to infections. They should familiarise themselves with the common symptoms of COVID-19 and monitor for those. If any symptoms develop, staff should seek testing immediately.
- We do not limit access to office and other colleagues based on COVID-19 vaccination status but encourage our staff to take preventive measures to take care of each other.
- When non-vaccinated staff or contractors are planned to carry out audits we will check with our clients if that is acceptable or if a negative COVID-19 test result will suffice. If not, other solutions for the audit will be considered, like reallocating to another auditor for successful planning of work and activities – if allowed as per the national legislation. If Preferred by Nature does not know the vaccination status of a staff/consultant we will take a precautionary approach and assume the person is not vaccinated.
- If a staff member is not capable to carry out tasks because of not being vaccinated, we will try to rearrange tasks for such staff. If that is not possible, we reserve the rights to terminate the employment.
Stay safe and do what you can to keep your colleagues, our contractors, clients and collaborators safe also.
Janis Pocs, Preferred by Nature's Chief Operating Officer
6 January 2022
Please relate any of your COVID-19 concerns or questions directly to the HR Manager and we will deal with it on a case-by-case basis and will do so, practicing adaptive management in the Preferred by Nature’s way with transparency, flexibility, financial prudence as well as compassion.