Services include supply chain mapping, implementation of traceability systems as well as risk assessment of supply chains and tracing products and risk assessment.
Supply Chain Mapping and Transparency
Before you can analyse your risks in a supply chain, you need to know where your materials come from. We can:
- Map the route of your commodities or products from their origin
- Map the supply chain structure of your priority products or commodities
- Map the various components in your complex manufactured products
- Identify supplier companies back to extraction or harvest sites
- Request and analyse documentation from your direct and indirect suppliers
- Interview your direct and indirect suppliers to get origin information
- Train company staff to create systems to do mapping in-house
Supply Chain Traceability Systems
We provide expert advice to companies as they develop traceability platforms. We can:
- Act as a trusted NGO advisor alongside your chosen IT provider
- Ensure during the development phase that you collect the right information in the right way
- Integrate our Sourcing Hub risk data into your chosen platform to identify risks in new suppliers and supply chains
We provide expert assistance to address possible legal or sustainability risks in your sourcing. This includes:
- National Risk Assessments: for different commodities or sectors to provide you with an overview of sourcing risks for a particular country.
- Supply Chain Risk Assessments: for specific supply-chains to identify your risks relevant to a product. This service is often conducted with supply chain mapping.
- Risk mitigation: Once assessments are done, we provide guidance on how to address or mitigate the risks identified. Read more about our risk mitigation services.
Read about other ResponsibleSource steps and services: