Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking a new team member.
Traceability Auditor is a key position in implementing Traceability Assurance Service’s goal to maintain and increase client portfolio while keeping the high quality of auditing performance. The main task is to manage, conduct and administrate Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM) / Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) Chain of Custody audits in Denmark according to the agreed plan.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as Lead Auditor on selected evaluations. Number of audits will be 1,5 to 2 audits per week in average.
- Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in Denmark – this could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients, and finalising and reviewing reports (RRA).
- Develop and implement evaluation schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of these.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in Denmark to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, technical guidance on interpretation of certification standards and the certification process and trademark use.
- Support market development for Preferred by Nature certification services in Denmark.
- Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in FSC/PEFC and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols.
- Manage questions and disputes relating to active certification evaluations and clients consistent with Preferred by Nature and certification scheme policies.
- Participate in meetings
- Vocational education from the timber processing or timber trading industry OR university degree in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field.
- At least 4 years’ work experience from the timber processing or timber trading industry.
- Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset.
- Previous experience with working in a NGO or nature conservation related projects.
- Fluency in Danish and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license
- You are willing to travel approximately 50% of your worktime within Denmark as part of your role.
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 37 hours/week
- The position reports to our Team leader for Denmark and Sweden, based in Denmark
- Working location: office in Aarhus or home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 28 June 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Kent Skovgaard, Supply Chain Director, Europe/Russia