Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The function of this position as Technical Expert is to be primarily in charge of implementing activities assigned to Preferred by Nature, as well as contributing technical expertise in areas of sustainability, certification, and working with private sector stakeholders as needed for other activities for the implementation of the project: Reducing Climate Impact of Rice Production in Indonesia (ID-012)
The project is funded by the SWITCH-Asia Programme, a programme running under the European Union and will be running for three years, starting in January 2022. This project is specifically funded under the programmes Priority 1: Supporting MSMEs in reducing the impact of their industrial production, improving resource efficiency and adopting circular practices.
The Technical Expert will be overall responsible for adhering to deadlines for technical outputs and deliverables for the project.
Coordination with project partners and Preferred by Nature project team
Project partners: coordinate with the local project partners on their responsibilities to ensure proper implementation of the project activities meeting technical quality and requirements.
Preferred by Nature project team: coordinate with the Preferred by Nature project team in accordance with the project activities Preferred by Nature are responsible for, provide technical advisory to staff in Indonesia and other team members based outside of Indonesia but involved in the project implementation.
Lead the development of technical tools
Lead the development of technical approaches, methodologies, framework and reporting template, in coordination with project partners and the Lead Project Manager. Also in consultation with Preferred by Nature Technical Expert (International), Carbon Expert and Preferred by Nature Agriculture Manager.
Develop technical outputs as needed
The Technical Expert has the responsibility to develop/write technical outputs (reports, training materials, other technical contents) that require his/her specific technical expertise.
Ensuring calibration of technical quality across project team
Plan and conduct technical briefings to project team on expected quality of technical outputs and on the use of developed technical tools, ensure calibration of technical quality across project team involved in technical outputs.
Ensuring Funder satisfaction by delivering technical quality and timely deliverables
Monitor and review the technical quality of all outputs (reports, activities, events, etc.) to meet technical quality and timeliness. Communicate any technical challenge that needs to be discussed with the Funder.
Other tasks as requested by the Lead Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within agronomy, agriculture, forestry or other natural science major
- Proven experience of minimum 5+ years within the rice sector in Indonesia
- Experience working with agriculture certification standard is an advantage
- Experience working with farmers, public and private stakeholders is a great advantage
- Communication skills - excellent written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft word, excel, power point, and Salesforce).
- Experience in working on projects funded by public funders such as the European Union, UN, USAID, etc. is an advantage
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to the Lead Project Manager
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office Indonesia
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: January 2022
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 December 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab Senior HR Specialist Asia