We are currently seeking an experienced Sustainability Project Manager to join our team in Hungary. You will support the operation and growth of a sustainability project related to agriculture in the region. The focus will be on coordinating the delivery of an ongoing multi-stakeholder resilient agriculture project (LENs Hungary) to achieve the environmental outcomes sought by the funding organisations.
What you can expect
Projects you will work on:
- Manage the LENs Hungary project, which aims to promote resilient agriculture and deliver environmental outcomes and involves implementing sustainable farming practices.
- Promote the project in Hungary to achieve increased support and funding of activities
- Support to projects outside Hungary to achieve synergy and strategic goals
- Coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders, including corporate, public and third sector stakeholders.
- Will be responsible for leading and coordinating a team of experts within the country, to ensure effective project management and successful implementation of agricultural projects.
What you can expect from your first year with us:
Working with Preferred by Nature is very much about your growth. We support continuous learning through professional development and career paths aimed at helping you grow in your career.
Within three months, you will:
- Use your people-skills to establish important relationsships with the existing project team and stakeholders to understand their roles and responsibilities and start building project relationships to plan promotion and grow the project
- Understand the LENs Hungary project model and its objectives so you can proactively see new opportunities for the project
- Build relationships with corporate/technical partners and establish clear communication channels
Within six months, you will:
- Use your natural leadership skills to lead the local team of project experts to execute projects successfully according to the timeline, ensuring that all deliverables are met, and project outcomes are achieved.
- Facilitate the implementation of the LENs Hungary project and build relationships with stakeholders to support the successful delivery of on-farm activities, whilst developing tools to support project activities.
- Promote LENs Hungary through meetings, various events, information sharing and social media platforms, to increase awareness and engagement with stakeholders.
Within one year, you will:
- Provide strong leadership to the Hungary team, ensuring effective project management, and successful implementation of agricultural projects in the region, as well as business development activities.
- Interact with industry leaders, government officials and other key stakeholders to promote LENs Hungary and establish partnerships to grow the program in Hungary and EU-wide, with a focus on promoting the program to EU enterprises.
- Support project activities on the EU level, liaising with stakeholders and promoting the project's goals and outcomes to increase engagement, funding and support for the program.
Important that you
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business relations, Business Administration, or a related field
- Have strong project management and coordination skills with 5-7 years of experience in project management and development.
- Fluent in both English and Hungarian, with a business-oriented approach to project management and development.
- Have willingness and ability to travel within Hungary to coordinate project activities, engage with stakeholders and ensure project implementation is on course.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple corporate, public and third sector stakeholders.
- Have experience in marketing, promotion, fundraising or other: develop strategic initiatives for engaging new funders and/or project partners.
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have environmental/agriculture experience or interest to learn about regenerative agriculture practices.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What sets us apart
- Global work culture
- Long term contractor agreement
- Working hours: 40 hours per week
- Fully remote position in Hungary
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training that prepares you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Vacation policy starting at 20 days per year
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 320+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English), including salary expectations by 10 June 2023 via the application form here.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Please note that Preferred by Nature does not provide sponsorship for work visas. All applicants must have a valid work permit for Hungary to be considered for this role.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist