Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 350+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join our team in China on a permanent contract.
What you will do
As a Supply Chain Specialist, your main tasks will involve planning, conducting and administering supply chain audits for wood processing and forest enterprises according to the agreed plan. Other duties will include:
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP), and others
- Writing audit reports and presenting findings of the evaluations
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature
- Supporting market development for Preferred by Nature in China
- Supporting other team members in the coordination and administration of customer care
- Providing technical support and expertise in environmental projects run by Preferred by Nature
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- Have a university degree in forestry/biology/geography/environmental management OR Vocational education from the timber processing/trading industry
- Approximately 1-3 years of experience in the forest product sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry) and related industries, as well as in environment management
- Experienced with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC Chain of Custody or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset
- Proficient in Chinese and English (Japanese or Korean is considered an asset)
- Comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role
- Possess a B-category driver’s license
- Have a high level of integrity and business ethics to strike a balance between serving clients and, at the same time, not compromising your role as an auditor
- Comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- Believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have the qualities listed above, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- 20 days of vacation
- Employer pension contribution.
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative global organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: office in Beijing or home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position is located in China with the possibility to work remotely.
- The position holder reports to the Team leader for East Asia Forestry manager, based in China.
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 31 January 2023 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in China will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Huang Rui (Rick), East Asia Forestry manager