Do you have experience from the timber industry or forest product sector? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards? Are you fluent in English and Swedish?
If you recognised yourself, this position may be the right one for you!
We are currently seeking a new team member to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, PEFC, and others). We are looking for new colleague anywhere in southern part of Sweden.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as Lead Auditor on selected evaluations.
- Engage with main biomass players and represent Preferred by Nature in front of main biomass stakeholders (energy producers, biomass producers, NGOs, state authorities).
- Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in Sweden and Norway – this could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients and finalising and reviewing reports.
- Develop and implement evaluation schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of these.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in Sweden and Norway
- Client portfolio administration - general audit planning, auditor rotation, etc.
- University degree in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field, OR vocational education from the timber processing or timber trading industry.
- At least 3 years’ work experience from the timber processing or timber trading industry.
- Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC standards is advantage
- Fluency in Swedish and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license and own car
- You are able and willing to travel 50% away from home travelling in Sweden
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: full time position
- The position reports to our Supply Chain Manager, based in Denmark
- Working location: home office anywhere in south of Sweden
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Employer pension contribution
- Additional week of holiday
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 20 December 2021 via the application form below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Gitte Juul, Supply Chain Manager