Do you have experience from the timber industry or forest product sector? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, PEFC, and others)
Your job as Supply Chain Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will be directly involved in all technical and administrative aspects of coordinating and conducting certification evaluations, including scheduling, task management, customer service, and quality control / adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administrative certification protocols.
- Either a university degree in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field,
OR vocational education from the timber processing or timber trading industry.
- At least 4 years’ work experience from the timber processing or timber trading industry. Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset, but is not a requirement.
- Fluency in Polish and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with the standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You are a robust and structured person, who has demonstrated that you can balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You have good conflict solving skills.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- You have your own car, as this is necessary for client visits.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: Preferred by Nature Kraków office or home office, and on the road
- The position reports to the Deputy Director of Traceability, Europe and Russia, based in Denmark
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 2 February 2021 via the application form below noting that the position will only be filled once the Corona crisis has receded sufficiently.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Poland will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact
Kinga Sułkowska, Director of Certification Support Department
Phone: +48 697 997 937