Would you like to join a global organisation that works to ensure responsible use of natural resources worldwide? Preferred by Nature is currently looking for a Social Programme Manager.
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
Are you interested in applying your skills and passion to address social issues within the agriculture sector? We are looking for a Social Programme Manager to join our global team. The ideal candidate will be someone who will bring previous understanding, experience and expertise in social topics to help us build a strong social team.
The scope of social topics is wide, at this point we are focusing on labour-related issues such as workers' rights and treatment, minimum wage and living wage, working conditions, child labour, gender-related issues, human rights, temporary and migrant workers, and families associated, and related topics. As such, part of the task for this position will be to help in the prioritisation of these topics.
What you will do
As a Social Programme Manager, you will be our first expert with knowledge of the social topics. You will be involved in different issues and activities, from development and projects to training. Other duties will include:
- Leading the development of Preferred by Nature’s social engagement and impact strategy in coordination with other relevant Preferred by Nature divisions and units
- In coordination with the implementation divisions, lead strengthening our social expertise and impact in the areas of Preferred by Nature services
- Providing social expertise for project development and fundraising
- Participating in developing the sector and commodity strategies to bring social focus and expertise
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders and partners and representing Preferred by Nature externally in relation to the areas of priority social topics
- Conducting risk assessment and field visits in key regions
- Identifying regional social leaders and helping to increase social capacity
- Helping to develop regional social teams, including external consultants
- Developing training programmes
Who you are
- You have a University degree in sociology, social sciences, social education, anthropology or a related field.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the international environment
- You have experience with managing a team
- You are fluent in English, and you have knowledge of French or Spanish language
- You have experience from the ground in social core topics and countries/regions
- You are familiar with certification schemes like Fairtrade, GRASP, SA8000, SMETA, Rainforest Alliance (RA), Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Global GAP, Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP), UTZ, UEBT, Café Practices, or similar.
- You are willing to travel approximately 50% of your worktime globally as part of your role.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- You have some experience as an auditor
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have the qualities listed above, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, global team of colleagues with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: full-time position
- Working location: home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to our Agriculture Director, based in Spain
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 12 September 2022 via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Tereza Ditrich, Senior HR Manager for Europe