Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Preferred by Nature Rice Specialist is a key position in developing Land Use Service’s goal to maintain and increase client portfolio in rice sector, while keeping the high quality of delivering the services. The main task is to build the network of rice sector in India and beyond, manage, conduct, and administrate Rice Services particularly in India and other Asia countries in general. Potentially the scope can scale up to other rice production countries in Africa and America.
Also, part of the position is supporting other Agriculture services in India e.g. Sustainable Framework and other tailored services. This position also supports Agriculture rice market development for Preferred by Nature certification services in India.
It is also important to remember that the rice specialist is a Preferred by Nature “face” and has the opportunity to strengthen Preferred by Nature’s reputation as a market leader among the clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture major or other natural science major, agroforestry etc.
- Background would be previous experience working on/with farms, working with farmers.
- Proven experience in rice sector of 3 to 5 years
- Fluent in English oral and written
- Based in India and open to travel within Asia
- Familiar with auditing system on agriculture schemes is preferred
- Accountable, easy to adapt with challenging situation, cooperative-teamwork, customer oriented, discipline due to the nature of reporting remotely to the line manager, focus on delivering a good quality report, having a good integrity, networking, planning and organise well, strong computer knowledge.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our South Asia Team Leader
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office in India, Indonesia or Vietnam. Remote work is possible.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 30 November 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in India will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Asia Pacific