Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The function of this position as Project Secretary is to be responsible for providing both administrative and possibly technical support to the Project partners and Project team for the implementation of the project: Reducing Climate Impact of Rice Production in Indonesia (ID-012)
The project is funded by the SWITCH-Asia Programme, a programme running under the European Union and will be running for three years, starting in January 2022. This project is specifically funded under the programmes Priority 1: Supporting MSMEs in reducing the impact of their industrial production, improving resource efficiency and adopting circular practices.
The main responsibilities of the Project Secretary will include:
Coordination with project partners and Preferred by Nature project team
Project partners and Preferred by Nature project team: as assigned by the Lead Project Manager, coordinate with the local project partners and Preferred by Nature project team on their implementation of the project activities.
Documentation of all project activities and progress
Responsible for the overall documentation of all project activities and progress throughout the project implementation period. Participate in coordination meetings and prepare meeting notes. Develop systematic documentation system to keep all files, records, data and pictures/videos to be accessible by the project team.
Schedule and arrange meetings, travels, field works and events
- Responsible for scheduling and arranging all kinds of activities throughout the project including meetings, travels, field works and events. Taking care of logistic arrangement in coordination with the project team
- Responsible for following the project plan and budget when making arrangements for meetings, travels, field works and events.
Provide translation and language support to project partners
Provide support to project partners when needed in understanding the project tasks and requirements that will require English language skills i.e. translation from English to Bahasa and vice versa.
Provide general support to project team and partners
Manage site office, procurement (merchandise, tools, and equipment), invitation letters and printing materials, etc.
Other tasks as requested by the Lead Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree within business management or similar
- Technical background in the rice sector or agriculture is an advantage
- Proven experience of minimum 2+ years within project management of larger national or international projects
- Communication skills - excellent written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must
- Excellent documentation and secretarial skill
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft word, excel, power point, and Salesforce).
- Experience in working on projects funded by public funders such as the European Union, UN, USAID, etc is an advantage.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to the Lead Project Manager
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office Indonesia
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: January 2022
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 December 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab Senior HR Specialist Asia