Do you have experience with project development or fundraising in an NGO setting? Are you looking to apply your growing corporate client, civil society and media communications skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Then, you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
As Project Development Manager, you will be responsible for implementation of Preferred by Nature’s fundraising strategy in order to secure outside funding for development projects.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Finding and/or developing potential sources of outside funding.
- Development of project concepts to ensure that project activity and expected results meet with the overall mission and strategy of the organisation.
- Overall management of the proposal submission process to ensure proposals are of the highest possible quality to safeguard the best chance of securing funding.
- Overall internal, administrative management of fundraising within Preferred by Nature.
- Updating Preferred by Nature’s project development strategy as needed.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Project Management, M&E, Marketing, or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of experience from a similar role
- Experience working in fundraising for a large NGO
- Knowledge of auditing, certification or similar fields a plus.
- Experienced and confident writer in English, with the ability to convey technical information in high-quality communications materials.
- You have strong time/process management skills and the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have the self-motivation and flexibility to deal with a range of complex programs and projects in a growing organisation.
- You are a constructive team player and have an open attitude towards other cultures as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You are committed to contributing positive social and environmental change.
- You have the ability to interact culturally, linguistically and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work type: Full-time position
- The position reports to our Director of Business and Development, based in the United Kingdom
- Working location: a home office in one of the European countries in Northern or Western Europe
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 9 July 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Adam Grant, Director of Business Development Department