Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 290+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature, and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are currently seeking a Regional Representative to be based in the United States or Canada.
This position will be responsible for leading the regional efforts to promote Preferred by Nature's brand and sustainability services in the US and Canada and generate viable leads for new partnerships with the goal of converting potential clients into service engagements.
Responsibilities & Scope
Sales and Marketing
- Manage and facilitate the sales strategy in the region for all Preferred by Nature services with initial focus on sustainability advisory services. Strategy will include sales and marketing planning, coordination, resource planning, budgeting of sales and marketing activities, and setting and achieving sales goals/targets.
- Generate viable leads for new clients and key services that contribute to the regional revenue targets and organizational mission.
- Develop and present service proposals in collaboration with regional staff.
- Work with all divisions and units to ensure services are positioned correctly and promoted accurately.
- Identify opportunities to increase Preferred by Nature’s impact with new services and markets.
- Track and analyze regional market trends, statistics, competitors, pricing, client retention and other strategic inputs for Preferred by Nature’s current and future services to adapt Preferred by Nature's model.
- Create marketing plans by country in the region for Sustainability Tailored Services, Assurance Services and Projects.
- Coordinate with the Communications team to create marketing and communications tools and materials, including but not limited to identifying publications to support sales, identifying potential stories/articles from the region, providing inputs to Preferred by Nature's social media channels to feature Preferred by Nature's activities in the region, and promotional materials.
- Identify and participate in networking opportunities, including:
- Understanding and mapping key events for Preferred by Nature participation
- Identifying speaking opportunities and the key speakers for Preferred by Nature at events
- Identifying all trade networking groups Preferred by Nature should join and engage and be the first point of contact
Client and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- In collaboration with the Market Development team and service delivery managers, map key accounts and implement procedures for key client relationship management.
- Serve as key account manager when assigned and share insights with applicable service delivery managers.
- Establish and ensure regional implementation of client care for current and interested clients.
- Support in the delivery of sustainability advisory and assurance services including client and project manager handoff, initial project launch, and review of project deliverable.
- Minimum bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in sustainability sector, business management or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with overseeing teams and business performance
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to build strong relationships
- Detail-oriented with strong development skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner
- Experience working within the private sector, NGO's, funders in forestry and/or agriculture sector
- Demonstrated negotiation success
- Valid driver's license
- Previous experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC, SBP or RA SAS standards is a plus
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation
- You will position Preferred by Nature as known, well respected, creditable organisation within the region
- You have experience and competence in public speaking and public presentations
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it
- You have developed network within NGOs, business sector, donors and public sector and the drive and ability to expand this network into new sectors
- Full-time plus competitive benefits package
- The position reports to our Market Development Director
- Working location: home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Flexible working hours
- Potential international travel opportunities
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 8 June 2022, via the form below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the United States or Canada will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Linsey Burns, Operations Specialist