Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Legal Contract Specialist to join our team in Indonesia on a permanent contract.
What you will do
As a Legal Contract Specialist, your main tasks will include to:
- Review and approve Preferred by Nature agreements (certification agreements, service agreements, client agreements, consultant agreements, etc.) and incoming agreements
- Monitor agreement execution, expiration, extension and/or renewal
- Advise and provide direct support on contractual and legal matters
- Serve as a contact person within Preferred by Nature during agreement negotiations
- Conduct agreement trainings and provide guidance documents, as appropriate
- Develop, document and execute negotiation strategies that minimise Preferred by Nature losses and liabilities
- Handle insurance issues in relation to legal agreements and communicate with insurance brokers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- Have a university law degree
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with employment laws is preferred
- Able to work and communicate with people all around the world at all levels
- Proficient and able to communicate about complex legal matters in English (Spanish/French or other language proficiency is considered an asset)
- Have great attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a high level of integrity and business ethics to strike a balance between serving clients and, at the same time, not compromising your role
- Comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- Believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
What we offer you
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative global organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Employee wellness programme
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position is located in Indonesia with the possibility to work remotely
- The position holder reports to Chief Operating Officer based in Latvia
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 20 February 2023 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Regional HR Manager Asia - Oceania