Would you like to join a market-leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide?
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our services and projects help organisations with their sustainability efforts, build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature, and support social wellbeing.
We are currently seeking two new team members for our office in Mexico. We are looking for personalities willing to be trained in evaluating supply chains and forest management, becoming professionals in the area. As such, there are training plans in place for new employees. The main task of this position is to plan, conduct and administer supply chain audits for wood processing and forest enterprises according to the agreed plan.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM) and NMX-143 certification.
- Writing audit reports and presenting findings of the evaluations.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature.
- Support market development for Preferred by Nature in Mexico.
- Supporting other team members in coordination and administration of customer care.
- Providing technical support and expertise in environmental projects run by Preferred by Nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BSc or higher education in the field of forestry or forest product sector, biology, geography, environmental management, anthropology, or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant discipline (ecology, forestry, sociology, economics, anthropology) and related industries, environment management.
- Fluency in Spanish is a must.
- Knowledge of English language (Level B2).
- Knowledge of FSC, NMX or ISO certification systems is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage.
- You are comfortable traveling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role, for up to 60% of the time.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organise and manage your time and tasks independently, balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You have an analytical approach.
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes - and is good at - communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a constructive team player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: full-time position
- Working location: As we are seeking two auditors, one auditor will be based in home-office in Mexico City, or its surrounding cities, while another auditor can be based in any other cities
- Employment agreement with Mexican legal entity
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Health insurance.
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 31 January 2022 via the webform below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact: