Are you looking to apply your growing corporate client, civil society and media communications skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
As Impact Programme Manager in Preferred by Nature you will be a key member of our Market and Development team. Your role will be to develop, coordinate and run the Impacts and Monitoring Program of Preferred by Nature.
Preferred by Nature is a mission driven organization and positive impact of our activities to “people, nature and the climate” should be a primary filter for everything we do.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the concepts for our impacts program, including the principles, approach and written description of the program and how it operates.
- Coordinating with the Preferred by Nature divisions and units in relation to the design, implementation and data gathering under the impacts program.
- Acting as the overall lead for implementing the impacts program.
- Initiate and oversee data analyses and processing related to analysing the impacts of our work.
- Collaborating with technical service experts and sector directors to develop theory of change for our own standards.
- Leading development and updating of Salesforce as it relates to gathering of impacts data
- Leading development and maintenance of systems for compiling, summarizing and visualizing impacts data, including data reporting and dashboards.
- Maintaining awareness and collaborating with other relevant organizations about their impact programs and related reporting. Such organisations include sustainability schemes, ISEAL, think tanks related to sustainability impacts reporting, among others.
- Coordinating with the communication and website teams in relation to sharing the impacts information on our website, through social media and other relevant channels.
- Leading and coordinating the management of the Preferred by Nature's own carbon footprint, including process and methods for data gathering, calculation of the footprint, ensuring compliance with our own Carbon Footprint Management standard, offsetting (as guided by management) and communication of results and our related efforts internally and externally.
- Coordinating or providing input in the development and revision process of relevant policies and procedures related to measuring and reducing the sustainability footprint of our organisation (for example responsible procurement policy).
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Project Management, M & E , Marketing or other relevant field.
- 3-6 years of experience from a role primarily focused on monitoring and evaluation, donor and client relations and external communications.
- Experience working in the certification, environmental or developmental sectors is a plus.
- Knowledge of auditing, certification or similar fields a plus.
- Proficient in Monitoring and Evaluation for the NGO sector.
- Experience working with a CRM or other databases specifically Salesforce.
- Experience in a work role of organising and analysing quantitative and qualitative datasets.
- Experienced and confident writer in English, with the ability to convey technical information in high quality communications materials.
- Strong time/process management skills and ability to establish priorities and work to deadlines.
- Self-motivation and flexibility to deal with a range complex programmes and projects in a growing organisation.
- Committed to contributing to positive social and environmental change.
- Ability to interact culturally, linguistically and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals
- You have strong time/process management skills and the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- You are self-motivated and flexible to deal with a range complex programmes and projects in a growing organisation.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Director of Business and Development, based in the United Kingdom
- Working location: optional and depending on the right candidate
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 7th May 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Adam Grant, Director of Business Development Department