Preferred by Nature (also known as Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve Nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Are you that great Recruiter that can help us find the best staff to help us pursue our mission? Are you a great communicator that can relate to and talk with staff and potential staff of all levels and cultures in a direct yet sensitive way? Then, you may be just the person we are looking for to be our new HR Recruitment specialist!
As such, you would be primarily supporting our European region with their recruitment needs. You will also support our global recruitment efforts as part of a fast-developing international non-profit organisation with over 270 staff, working in almost 100 countries, with 26 legal entities and still growing strong and fast.
In last year alone, we hired 60 people globally of which the Europe region (YOUR job) hired over half.
We currently have a Global HR team of 5 staff located in Guatemala, Indonesia, Denmark and Czech Republic. This department is headed by our HR Manager based in Malaysia.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Support recruitment efforts including engaging with ‘Hiring Managers’ to develop Terms of Reference, obtain the necessary management approvals, make and post job announcements, screen candidates, arrange for, and support, the interview and hiring process, participate in onboarding, obtaining necessary employee documents, retaining documents as required. Expect recruitment including onboarding to take up a significant part of your time (around 80%)
- Actively seek out potential candidates (headhunting) through LinkedIn and other platforms.
- As time permits, you will also participate in developing our staff through direct interaction and active input in our various staff development initiatives
- Provide administrative support throughout the full employee life cycle for assigned staff in this region.
- Work with the HR Manager and the HR team to develop our HR standards and systems in an organisation that emphasises trust, accountability and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
We imagine that you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources management or a related field. You have 2+ years of experience with HR recruitment and “headhunting”. In addition to this:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources management or a related field.
- You have 2+ years of experience with HR recruitment and “headhunting”.
- You are a fluent English speaker (written and spoken). Other languages of course an advantage.
- You know how to to find, attract and hire talents through different social media
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast
- You must be highly organised so you can become our recruitment anchor point in our HR unit.
- You are committed to integrity, openness and good governance.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions.
- You have good communication skills working with colleagues from other departments, our staff in many different countries, as well as people from outside the organisation across many borders and cultures
- You are prepared to travel as needed (probably less than 10% of your time)
- You have an excellent sense of humour.
- You know the importance of confidentiality in HR
- You are responsive, punctual and disciplined
- You believe in our vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: Full-time position
- The position reports to our Senior HR Specialist for the European Region who is based in Czech Republic
- Working location: One of the Preferred by Nature offices in Europe or home office in one of these countries
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, (without application letter will not be proceed) by 7 October 2021 via the application form below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Chris Schriver, Preferred by Nature HR Manager,
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia,