Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Forestry Supply Chain Specialist to join our team in Vietnam for permanent contract.
What you will do
As a Forestry Supply Chain Specialist position, your main tasks involve planning, conducting and administering supply chain audits for Wood processing and Forest enterprises according to the agreed plan. Other duties include:
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), Sustainable Biomass Programme (SBP), and others
- Writing audit reports and presenting findings of the evaluations
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature
- Supporting market development for Preferred by Nature in Vietnam
- Supporting other team members in coordination and administration of customer care
- Providing technical support and expertise in environmental projects run by Preferred by Nature
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- You have a university degree in forestry/biology/geography/ environmental management OR Vocational education from the timber processing/trading industry
- You have 3 years of experience in forest product sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry) and related industries, environment management
- You have experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset
- You are fluent in Vietnamese and English
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have these qualities, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
This is what we offer for you
- 20 days of vacation
- Benefits, according to Vietnamese laws and regulations.
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: office in Ho Chi Minh City or home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position located in Vietnam with possibility to work remotely
- The position holder reports to Team leader Nguyen Van Hau based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 3 September 2022 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Vietnam will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Nguyen Van Hau, Team Leader - Forestry Supply Chain Specialist