Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Forestry Coordinator to join our Forestry APA team in Indonesia on a permanent contract.
What you will do
As a Forestry Coordinator, your main tasks will involve:
- Supporting the manager in sale and market development for Preferred by Nature’s services to clients in the APA.
- Managing Forest Management (FM) client portfolios in the region through coordination of local representatives and partners but will mainly focus and have a responsibility to manage and develop the FM certification and verification services in the region as the Task Manager and provide customer service,
- Succession planning to maximise our FM auditing capacity in APA programme, deduct external use effectively.
Other duties will include:
- Implement all required processes according to the Preferred by Nature policy for FM certification and verification services. The process includes but is not limited to:
- Receive and respond to FM certification and verification services inquiries from current and potential clients,
- Schedule and arrange FM certification and verification services assessments,
- Maintain regular communications with clients and assigned auditors,
- Work closely with other forestry teams to ensure compliance with accreditation and internal audit requirements, and
- Other task management activities required by accreditation or internal policy.
- Support the development and launch of new products and services.
- Join forest management evaluation as an auditor in training for future development. This includes travel within the country/abroad up to 40% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, sociology, anthropology, or other relevant disciplines.
- Proven experience in the forestry sector of minimum 1 year with expertise in forest certifications, forest management, and auditing in social aspects will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with forestry certifications such PHPL, FSC, PEFC and related aspects such as HCV, SIA, FPIC, and gender equality.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders (private, government, etc.) will be an advantage.
- Communication skills - excellent written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, MS Excel etc.
- Have a high level of integrity and business ethics to strike a balance between serving clients and, at the same time, not compromising your role as an auditor
- Comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, self-starter, often remotely from your colleagues
- Believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have the qualities listed above, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- 20 days of vacation
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative global organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position is located in Indonesia, with the possibility to work remotely.
- The position holder reports to the Team leader for the Forestry Asia Pacific division, based in Indonesia
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 10 February 2023 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Mohd Fahmi Wahab – Regional HR Specialist APAC