Would you like to join a market-leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide? Preferred by Nature is currently looking for a Forestry Associate – Oceania.
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation working towards sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The Forestry Associate will coordinate and manage the delivery of certification services for Preferred by Nature’s portfolio of Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM) Forest Management and Chain of Custody (including Controlled Wood) clients in New Zealand. The Associate will be directly involved in onsite and remote audits, including audit reporting; and will manage and coordinate audit teams as required. Task management activities will include client liaison, audit budgeting and scheduling, logistical planning, and quality control.
- Tertiary education in forestry, natural resource management, environmental management, forest ecology or related field
- Minimum of four years of field experience in forestry, natural resource management, forest ecology or related areas
- (NB: Preferred by Nature will consider candidates with equivalent education to secondary level)
- Knowledge of FSC certification, and experience with environmental management system auditing, considered a plus
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
- Strong computer skills (word processing, database use and management, spreadsheets) and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Field auditing may involve working in difficulty terrain and challenging weather conditions
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – customer service and communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well-organised, self-motivated, resourceful, dependable and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who has demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks and work independently.
- You are a constructive team player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports directly to our Manager: Oceania sub-region; with reference to Asia–Pacific region’s Senior Forestry Manager
- Working location: New Zealand/ Oceania (preferably near an airport hub)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- Training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 20 October 2021 via the webform below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Malory Weston, Manager: Oceania