Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, PEFC, and others).
As an auditor, you will impartially evaluate whether business clients or forest units live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will be directly involved in all technical and administrative aspects of coordinating and conducting certification evaluations, including scheduling, task management, customer service, and quality control / adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administrative certification protocols.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a subject relevant to the forestry sector.
- At least 2 or 3 years’ work experience from the forestry sector.
- Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC, SBP or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset.
- Previous experience with working in a NGO or Nature conservation related projects.
- Fluent in Polish and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Deputy Director of Traceability, Europe and Russia, based in Denmark
- Working location: home office in Poland, or Preferred by Natures office in Cracow.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 3 July 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Kinga Sułkowska, Director of Certification Support Department
Phone: +48 697 997 937