Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities include building capacity, raising awareness, conserving nature and streamlining sustainability through best practices and innovations.
Preferred by Nature is currently seeking Environmental Auditors with forest product experience to work as Independent Contractors in the US and Canada.
Chain of Custody (CoC) Lead Auditors perform third-party audits according to Preferred by Nature (NEPCON) certification policies/procedures and the requirements of the applicable Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC®), Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and/or other environmental standards.
As part of their responsibility, the contract auditor is responsible for planning the audit site visit, including all travel arrangements, collecting and interpreting objective evidence, interviewing auditee staff and stakeholders as appropriate, and delivering an audit report based on audit findings after the on-site visit.
As representatives of Preferred by Nature, contract auditors are expected to uphold the highest standards of quality, integrity and professionalism. Contractors are responsible to stay up-to-date on FSC standards and attend regular webinars that discuss auditing practicalities and standard requirements. Contractors are required to provide their own equipment and transportation.
Completion of assigned work deliverables within established timelines is essential.
Audits will be awarded and performed on a contract basis. Fees are based on an agreed upon daily rate and travel expenses are reimbursed according to formal agreement.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the forest product industry, print industry, or related field
- Previous auditing experience and/or ISO training preferred
- Knowledge of FSC, Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- French fluency a bonus
- Strong skills in MS office, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel (local and nationally)
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail
If interested in this Independent Contract Auditor Opportunity, please e-mail resume and short statement of interest and qualifications (1-2 paragraphs) to Andreanne Meley, email@example.com. Any questions about this opportunity may also be directed to her.