Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature, and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Preferred by Nature is seeking a fully bilingual (FRE/ENG) Coordinator, Supply Chains to be based in Southern Québec or Ontario (Greater Toronto Area or Ottawa preferred). However, qualified candidates from other parts of Québec, Ontario and British Columbia will also be considered.
In the role of Coordinator, Supply Chains you will coordinate and manage the execution of Preferred by Nature’s forestry and other sustainability supply chain certification services (i.e., Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)) for a subset of existing Preferred by Nature clients in the US and Canada. You will be directly involved in all aspects of sustainability certification audits including scheduling, project management, on-site auditing, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control.
This position is multi-faceted and includes the tasks below:
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits.
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits.
- In coordination with their supervisor and team, provide customer service and technical expertise to current and potential clients including, but not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities.
- Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables.
- Develop strong expertise in various forestry and other sustainability standards, policies, and protocols.
- Act as primary point of contact in client correspondence and responding to inquiries relating to supply chain certification.
- Provide monthly expense reports, audit timelines, and FY goal progress to supervisor.
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system.
- Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other Preferred by Nature databases services).
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education (college/CEGEP/university) plus two years of professional experience in the forest products sector; OR
- Secondary education (high school) plus four years of professional experience in the forest products sector.
- Knowledge of FSC and/or other forestry, supply chain and/or sustainability certifications a plus.
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Accountability for individual and team actions and goals.
- Initiative: recognise and create opportunities and act accordingly with a results-oriented mindset, take direct action to attain or exceed objectives.
- Adaptability: remaining flexible and functional in changing circumstances.
- Planning and organising ability to determine goals and priorities and assess actions, times and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Bilingual proficiency required, excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Strong attention to detail: ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Learning ability: ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Strong customer service skills/orientation: ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time (post Covid-19).
- Dual work eligibility (US and Canada) a plus.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week (full-time)
- Reports to: Manager, Supply Chains
- Working location: home-based, remote office
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Competitive benefits and leave-time package;
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere;
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment;
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development;
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly;
- Potential international training and travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 August 2021 via the form below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the Canada will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.