Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
You will primarily be responsible for the preparation of bookkeeping documents and calculations, recording of financial transactions in Preferred by Nature´s finance system, communicating with relevant internal and external parties, as well assisting in the preparation and submission of various accounting and financial reports.
The main task of this position include:
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices (approvals, recording, payment preparation etc.);
- Processing of clients’ invoices (preparation, sending, payment follow-up etc.);
- Daily recording of bank transactions in Preferred by Nature’s finance system;
- Processing and review of staff expense reports;
- Review of personnel credit card statements and reconciliation to staff expense reports;
- Consulting Preferred by Nature staff in relation to personnel reimbursables and credit card expenses;
- Recording of other business transactions (revenues, expenses, accruals) in Preferred by Nature’s finance system;
- Assistance with various accounting and finance tasks for Preferred by Nature group entities (e.g., booking of bank transactions and comparison of accounting balances vs. bank statements, various account reconciliations);
- Assistance with finance and accounting calculations and data processing;
- Assistance with maintaining accounting documentation; and,
- Participation in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting or a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with accounting, financial reporting;
- Intermediate command of English and excellent command of Spanish (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of international accounting standards or a strong willingness to learn;
- Full proficiency in use of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast;
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and have the ability to maintain structure in the office.
- High level of self-discipline, ability to organise and manage tasks and time.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead on practicalities.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you are good at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- Strong commitment to contributing to our vision and mission.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Specialist, Accounting & Finance
- Working location: Preferred by Nature’s office in Mexico, Guatemala or Costa Rica (exceptions may be considered upon agreement)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of the organisation through the annual General Assembly.
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 30th October 2020 via our website.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Mexico, Guatemala or Costa Rica will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Emina Rossatty, Senior HR Specialist
Phone: +502 55500610