Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The key role of the Communications Specialist is to be responsible for implementing the project’s Communications and Visibility plan, develop all necessarily materials in local language, and generally ensure coordination of all communications activities between partners. for the implementation of the project Reducing Climate Impact of Rice Production in Indonesia (ID-012).
The project is funded by the SWITCH-Asia Programme, a programme running under the European Union and will be running for three years, starting in January 2022. This project is specifically funded under the programmes Priority 1: Supporting MSMEs in reducing the impact of their industrial production, improving resource efficiency and adopting circular practices.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Specialist are to ensure the visibility of the project, including development and dissemination of communication materials in accordance with activities described in the project proposal. The Communications Specialist shall coordinate with Preferred by Nature Communications Manager and follow Preferred by Nature's communication policies and guidance’s.
Aside that, the Communication Specialist position involves tasks such as:
- Develop project communications and visibility plan in coordination with the Lead Project Manager and Preferred by Nature Communications Manager
- Ensure project communications and visibility plan is understood and agreed by partners, through the following: Presentation to partners & Facilitated discussions
- Actively engage in meetings and discussions with partners to ensure the implementation of project visibility plan
- Implement project communication and visibility plan, adjust the plan as necessary and actively communicate with partners on the updated project visibility.
- Collect information, report and minutes of the meeting and other materials needed (from the Project Secretary) to prepare communication reports, interim reports, and project newsletter for donors and stakeholders
- Conduct site visits and attend the meetings/FGDs, as necessary (number of events/site and frequency to be determined by the project team), e.g., to collect stakeholders’ comments during the business meeting, site visit to interview the loan applicants, etc. for the purpose of developing communication/promotion materials.
- Create a dissemination plan to update the progress of the project under each task.
- Prepare communication materials for stakeholders, including but not limited to activities as outlined under the project proposal.
- Coordinate all necessary activities to improve project visibility, such as campaigns, participate in national events, exhibitions, etc.
- Ad hoc communication support to the project.
- Other tasks as requested by the Lead Project Manager.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any relevant subject, such as journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a role primarily focused on communications, journalism or media relations.
- Experience working in the environmental or developmental sectors. It is a plus if you also have experience communicating about agriculture and climate change for an international NGO.
- Good understanding of the media landscape in Indonesia, and an established relationship with the Indonesian media.
- Experienced and confident writer and storyteller, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesian and English is a must.
- Demonstrated skills in the development of success stories, press releases to present credible and engaging content, and other material to specifically target media outlets.
- Strong analytical and research skills and demonstrated ability to think strategically
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to the Lead Project Manager
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office Indonesia
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: January 2022
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 December 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab Senior HR Specialist Asia