Passionate to tackle climate change? Dedicated to carbon emissions reduction? Want to work with organisations from all over the world? Excited to co-lead development and delivery of innovative and practical carbon footprint program? Have technical skills and knowledge related to carbon footprint and carbon projects?
If you recognised yourself, this position may be the right one for you!
Do you have an experience with carbon footprint calculations and carbon projects? Are you looking to apply your skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions.
With 270+ staff around the world, our services and projects help organisations with their sustainability efforts, build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and support social wellbeing.
We are currently seeking a senior team member for Climate Programme Manager position. This new person will work within our climate programme with a primary focus on our Preferred by Nature carbon footprint management (CFM) services and will manage a small team of carbon footprint specialists. The position is also expected to participate closely in development of our carbon footprint services.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain Preferred by Nature Carbon Footprint Management Standard and related service materials (procedures, templates, ongoing support and guidance)
- Develop and maintain client promotion and guidance materials related to Carbon Footprint Management services
- Lead, inspire, coordinate, manage and unite the small team of carbon footprint specialist and auditors.
- Extensive use of emission factors database and support of companies in their efforts to calculate carbon footprint by providing them emission factors for different materials and energy sources
- Training of internal auditors in the carbon footprint area and review of audit reports
- Conduct CFM audits and provision of other programme services in different regions (including basic LCAs or verification of methodologies to calculate carbon footprint)
- Support promotion and sale of Preferred by Nature Carbon Footprint Management services
- Participate in the development of Preferred by Nature services related to carbon projects validation and verification
- Participate in the strategic development discussions around the Preferred by Nature climate programme
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in environmental science or similar field.
- At least 4 years’ experience with a similar position.
- At least 3 years’ experience with supervising people in a managerial or leadership position.
- Knowledge of carbon footprint measurement, reduction and offsetting, and preferably of some related standards or systems (e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO 14064, Science Based Targets, PAS, VCS CBB or Gold Standard).
- Ability to calculate carbon reductions and experience with emission reduction measures.
- Knowledge of LCA analyses for different products.
- Ability to work with emission factors for different materials, energy sources in different regions.
- Knowledge of carbon project approaches and some related standards (e.g. VCS/VERRA, Gold Standard) will be beneficial.
- Previous experience with development, implementation, or validation/verification of carbon projects will be beneficial.
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage, especially Spanish or French.
- You are an experienced manager, and you can motivate, unite, and bring different people together to work on common goals.
- You have interest and ability to travel. This can be up to approximately 40% of working time.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organise and manage your time and tasks independently.
- You are comfortable frequently communicating with colleagues around the world via various technical platforms.
- You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: full time position
- The position reports to our Climate Director, based in Czech Republic.
- Working location: Preference will be given to candidates located in countries where Preferred by Nature has offices. Considering the other core team members and time zone differences, preferably we are looking for a person located and residing in Europe.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 6 November 2021 via the application form below.
Note: We will not consider applications submitted without application letter.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Ondrej Tarabus, Director Climate,
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia,