Do you have experience with administrative tasks or project coordination? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff worldwide, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
As a Certification Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for the administrative steps of the certification process for a portfolio of clients in Africa. You will also be in charge of reviewing and approving client trademark use. Aside that, you will provide direct support to technical staff involved in certification activities and may assist with other operational functions within the regional offices.
The main task of this position is to act as a certification support coordinator and administrator for certification services. However, the position is multi-faceted and you will:
- Oversee a portfolio of certification clients to ensure administrative requirements are met.
- Manage and maintain Preferred by Nature’s internal Salesforce data platform for client management, as well as other external data platforms.
- Complete quality check on all client and auditor legal agreements/contracts and upload final versions to applicable database.
- Complete final quality check of each audit engagement prior to closing, to ensure accuracy and completeness of all data, records and attached files.
- Communicate certificate changes to clients, including delivery of final certificate to client after successful audit process.
- Implement certificate transfers to and from Preferred by Nature.
- Monitor client data and timelines to ensure administrative steps are taken in accordance with requirements.
- Provide feedback and input to Preferred by Nature technical teams and regional management.
- Coordinate with regional technical teams to achieve client service goals and meet deadlines.
- Provide support to clients using Preferred by Nature’s Salesforce Trademark approval system.
- Monitor, review incoming requests to use trademarks and provide timely approvals.
- Support finance and accounting teams with client invoicing and debt collection.
- Prepare, process and receive contracts and payments for consultants in Africa.
- Prepare client legal agreements and coordinate signature process.
- Coordinate logistics for Preferred by Nature training courses, workshops and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Administration, Agriculture or Nature Resource Management or any other related to those above.
- Experience with working within the international environment.
- 3+ years of work experience in administrative tasks or project coordination.
- It is an advantage to have experience with database management, work with certification schemes or data entry.
- Fluency in English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written. French will be additional advantage.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive manner.
- You are an open and friendly person who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a detailed oriented person.
- You have strong organisational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive manner.
- You are good at planning and have time management skills.
- You are initiative, self-motivated, resourceful and dependable.
- Work time: 40 hours/week.
- Working location: Co-working office space or home office.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible.
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 24 April 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Kenya will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Nargiza Shaidyldaeva, Senior Agriculture Manager Africa
Phone: +233 558323821