Preferred by Nature (also known as Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve Nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are looking for a new position of Carbon Specialist in our NGO.
As carbon specialist, you are expected to perform high quality carbon footprint management (CFM) services in China
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct CFM corporate, product, event and service verification;
- Provide technical supports to clients on LCA, emission data collection, CFM plan development and continuous improvements for clients on carbon reductions;
- Participate and support on internal and external carbon/climate training courses, workshops, meetings and other events;
- Work together with regional director, promote CFM services, build up and manage related networking and stakeholder relations;
- Build up carbon exert/auditor team in China;
- As the technical expert, work together with global climate team, provide internal training and technical explanations to other staffs;
- Manage the execution of carbon footprint management services for a portfolio of clients to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, report review, liaison with clients and finalisation of reports for approval;
- With the collaboration of the Regional Manager, review applications, provide quotations and invoices to clients, develop service agreements, audit plans and obtain client’s approval;
- Develop and implement annual verification schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients to include, (but is not limited to), providing information about CFM, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and logo use; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least B.S degree on environment, food industry, agriculture or forestry
- International organisation working experiences, climate/carbon sector background,
- Accountability, business oriented, able to work efficiently with others in order to share a common goal and independently, strong learning ability, with good networks in carbon sector.
- Working experiences in certification bodies or standard owner
- You have a passion for people, nature and the climate.
- You have a strategic and analytical approach. You have the ability and desire to see the big picture and link different components together for the best outcome.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated, and able to work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and with a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organise and manage time and tasks.
- You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Regional Director East Asia, based in China.
- Working location: China
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- Social Insurance by Employer
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 2 July 2021 via the webform below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.