Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for an Agriculture Specialist to join our team in Vietnam on a permanent contract.
What you will do
As an Agriculture Specialist, your main tasks will involve managing audit schedules, certification status and certification database accordingly, and conducting audits. Detail of duties will include:
- Maintain his/her qualification as auditor, quality reviewer, and task managing of Preferred by Nature’s agriculture-related certification and verification, including but not limited to Rainforest Alliance, GlobalG.A.P., CAFÉ Practices, The Union for Ethical BioTrade (UEBT), and Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP).
- Conduct audit based on his/her qualification, including the on-site visits or remote planning and evaluation, and report writing for appointed clients of Preferred by Nature’s agriculture-related certification and verification.
- Conduct quality review based on his/her qualification, including the technical review and certification or verification decision for appointed audit reports of Preferred by Nature’s agriculture-related certification and verification.
- Conduct task managing based on his/her qualification, including providing general support for clients; audit budgeting, planning and scheduling, as well as maintaining certification or verification database of appointed clients of Preferred by Nature’s agriculture-related certification and verification.
- In coordination with the Preferred by Nature Southeast Asia – Pacific team to provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature’s agriculture-related certification and verification.
- In coordination with the system and integrity team to ensure conformance and consistency in the implementation of certification or verification scheme owner policies and procedures, including accreditation audits, developing responses to nonconformities identified by accreditation bodies, and handling complaints and appeals processes.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s operational and certification and verification protocols for assigned work and client portfolio.
- Provide periodic progress reports to the line manager.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to support sales and marketing, special projects, new service development, and stakeholder relations in Vietnam.
Who you are
- Have an agriculture-related education degree to meet auditor requirements of most certification/verification schemes
- At least 3 years of experience working related to agriculture sectors.
- It is nice if you are familiar with farm or plantation network, and have worked in certification or inspection body
- Proficient in Vietnamese and English (any other language is considered an asset)
- Proficient with office software including word, spreadsheet, email, and online voice and video calls. Familiarity with GIS software is an advantage
- Comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role
- Have a high level of integrity and business ethics to strike a balance between serving clients and, at the same time, not compromising your role as a coordinator
- Women would be preferred for this position
- Comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- Believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you have the qualities listed above, we are delighted to discuss your potential further.
What we offer you
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative global organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Working location: office in Ho Chi Minh or home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
The position holder reports to the Team leader for Southeast Asia Agriculture Auditing Services based in Indonesia
Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 13 February 2023 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Vietnam will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Mohd Fahmi Wahab - Senior HR Specialist, Asia