Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 290+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
What will you do
The Agriculture Specialist will serve as Lead Auditor and Task Manager with a focus on Agriculture services in South Asia. The Specialist will coordinate a client portfolio and conduct audits for Preferred by Nature agriculture services, including audit scheduling, on-site visits, report writing, quality control, and delivery of customer service.
Who you are
- Have at a minimum a four-year college degree in agriculture, natural resources, environmental sciences, social science, rural development or similar.
- Successful completion of an in-depth ISO 9001 lead auditor course OR ISO 22000 course OR ISO 14001 course.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 19011
- Preferably a qualified Rainforest Alliance lead auditor
- Experience in auditing social standards at least 8 relevant audits as a supporting auditor or 4 as a lead auditor in the last 4 years. Such as (but not limited to) Fairtrade, GRASP, SA8000, SMETA.
- Successful completion of 40 hours of basic or advanced social auditor training such as (but not limited to) SA8000, SMETA, ETI.
This is what we offer
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Agriculture team leader in South Asia
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office or working from home
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
On top of that
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 28 May 2022 the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in India will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Specialist